Frizzle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicken Queen, Mar 28, 2012.

1. chicken Queen

chicken Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    This is a 2 week old Bantam Frizzle?? the wing feathers are curling up so I think this is one. I Have another red one that is already a full Frizzle . What say you ??

[​IMG]

2. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaawww such a cute baby frizzle! I have two frizzles. I love them. I was told my black one, Mumble because of the feathered feet is a cochin frizzle. The other one, Cinnamon wasn't suppose to be a frizzle. I paid for a Belgian D'uccle. LOL But I've very happy with them both. They are so sweet.

3. chicken Queen

Mar 25, 2012
    yours are so cute. I just was not sure if it was another Frizzle ,but sure looks like one . The feathers are starting to turn upward. Thanks for sharing.

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Yes, it looks like a frizzle Cochin.

Any breed can be a frizzle. It is possible that you got a frizzle D'Uccle.

5. fancyfeathers38

fancyfeathers38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia.
    So Cute!
    Its probably a cochin frizzle judgeing by the feathered feet.
    Here are some of my frizzles:
    [​IMG]
    The white one is a frizzled silkie and the blue frizzle up the back is her dad. He's a frizzled cochin by the way.

6. that IS a frizzle and looks like she will have a STRONG gene, so she'll be very frizzley

7. lollysmom

lollysmom Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is our frizzle baby. She's about 6 weeks old now. We got her from the bantam bin at Tractor Supply

8. chicken Queen

Mar 25, 2012
    That looks just like mine . Got mine at the same place. We are in Ca. Just wondering if Frizzles have an aggressive behavior?

9. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Here's my frizzle, but a different color.
    [​IMG]

10. Nope, Frizzles are just like the breed they are, except they have a gene altering their feathers

Aw, Our frizzle is cute, but his toes fell off and he has no foot feathering, so he only has body feathering, but hes a cochin :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by