Frizzled Silkie who knows what cross??

annanicole18

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I have five younger chickens and think that two of them are roos but the others are still up in the air. Two are def silkie cross since they have extra toes but are also fizzles. I know silkies are hard to sex until they start crowing but maybe with the cross i can know a little sooner. My neighbors werent happy about my last 5 roosters all crowing at once so i will need to rehome them before they start.
PA100682.jpg

thats whitey number one. they should be at least 4 months old maybe more i didn't hatch them. this one also has muffs?

PA100697.jpg

whitey number two no muffs

PA100693.jpg

and i'm pretty sure that this handsome man is indeed a boy.

the next two i hatched and i know they are around 5 months

PA100686.jpg

my turken who i am pretty sure is a boy but gets beat up by all my older hens poor thing

PA100707.jpg

PA100708.jpg

This one is the big toss up hatched out with the turken and is a BO cross. my last BO chick took a long time to mature and ended up being a rooster. what do you think? do they just mature slower than say a turken?

PA100714.jpg

thanks for any advice on them i have never had a silkie or a silkie cross so i don't know what the boys vs girls look like

Girl, Girl, Boy, Boy, Girl??????????

I am just guessing
smile.png

THe last one is def a girl though at that age. I have three buff orps the same age and they are all pullets and look the same or maybe even a little redder in the face. Just reread your post. Mine are 5 months old, and I don't think you put that one's age.

What type of comb do the silkie crosses have? Their face and wattles look pretty red, so if it is a single or some sort comb I would think it should be bigger by now.

No clue but #1 is the cutest chicken I have ever seen. #3 should be named Little Richard with that "hair-do"! Does anyone else see the resemblance?
LITTLERICHARD.jpg

LMAO!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom