Frizzled Silkie??

AshliMal

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Hi,
We got this girl from a local breeder, the breeder got some eggs from somewhere else for her breeding program and this little tornado feathered one poped out. I think Frizzle Silkie but not 100%, 6 months old. We were there getting our pure bred silkies anyways and she offered us this one, and we thought she was cute for our little backyard flock. We have bought silkies from this breeder before and they have always been correctly sexed and lovely feathers and temperaments.

i am a little concerned she may be a he, she walks around with her Chest Way out! They all kind of do, but she really has her head back and her chest puffed out, she has no comb, in fact is is smaller than my 18 month old hens combs. But she does look like she is getting little waddles below her beak. If she is crossed with a frizzle could this be the reason she has little waddles? My other silkies have no waddles at all.
no crowing and no laying yet. She is approx 6 months old.
Any insight would be helpful!

Attachments

• 6F93D705-7478-4A9A-A6D2-085EA92A1646.jpeg
    6F93D705-7478-4A9A-A6D2-085EA92A1646.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 47
If you got from a reputable/knowledgeable breeder, then possibility of claim of hen, are highly possible to be correct.
The thing with Silkies as known fact.,,,, they are difficult to sex. Even the best experts can be wrong. Eventually you will know. If you get eggs, then pullet. :thumbsup ,, if no eggs, and crows,,,,, then the lil guy is a cockerel.
I cant help you looking at your pix.
I do see a BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN:highfive:

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Hi,
We got this girl from a local breeder, the breeder got some eggs from somewhere else for her breeding program and this little tornado feathered one poped out. I think Frizzle Silkie but not 100%, 6 months old. We were there getting our pure bred silkies anyways and she offered us this one, and we thought she was cute for our little backyard flock. We have bought silkies from this breeder before and they have always been correctly sexed and lovely feathers and temperaments.

i am a little concerned she may be a he, she walks around with her Chest Way out! They all kind of do, but she really has her head back and her chest puffed out, she has no comb, in fact is is smaller than my 18 month old hens combs. But she does look like she is getting little waddles below her beak. If she is crossed with a frizzle could this be the reason she has little waddles? My other silkies have no waddles at all.
no crowing and no laying yet. She is approx 6 months old.
Any insight would be helpful!
Appears to be a pullet in the one photo provided. Good clear photo of the bird in full body profile as well as profile of head and close up of comb with crest pushed back is needed for confirmation.😊

Looks like a girl to me. At 6 months the comb on my boy silkies was huge. Also doesn’t look like a frizzle. The feathers would be more curly.

This guy is a frizzled silkie. I believe he’s 16 weeks old. I’m not sure on age exactly but his, and his siblings, journey is documented in my silkie week by week photo thread.
7FAF94E9-F69B-47EA-AF7E-7EE87F13B013.jpeg

This is Snuggle. He has just silkied feathers and is the same age.
84B7D4CC-CEDF-4E73-967E-1D0E0B41B80E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom