Frizzly Wizzlys who wants to talk FRIZZLES?

~goingcluckcrazy~

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 12, 2011
I couldn't find a informative post on frizzles!
So any one with Frizzles Please post pics!!!
And

COLOURS!
lol.png

What interesting colours have you made and how have you done it?

I don't have any frizzles. Are they a breed? I've read that there is a recessive gene to reduce the frizzling so I'm assuming a breed can have all double frizzles if they have that as well
idunno.gif

Last edited:
93695_img_1245.jpg

93695_img_1321.jpg

93695_img_1722.jpg

This last one may require a bit of an explanation. This is Annie_Belle the house rooster trying on her first diaper. It was a bit large so I adjusted the elastic length, but in the mean time, after I rocked it gently back and forth, she zonked out on me.
93695_img_1781.jpg

Well for a start here is my Baby. He has the nicest nature in a rooster ever! And my first attempt for pics!
Buff Pekin Frizzle I have some Rhode Island Red Bantams and a Blue pekin with him, thinking of finding a cukoo for him to and something laced can't wait to see what hatches!
big_smile.png

He is in a different house now

109170_p1020771.jpg

109170_p1020772.jpg

Quote:
When two show frizzles are mated 25% will be smooth feathered 50% frizzled and 25% will be extremely frizzled

Extremely frizzled birds arethe birds which have recieved a double dose of the frizzled gene making their feathers extremely narrow and curled. Making them sometimes brittle

Smooth Feathered frizzles while having no curl are inportant part to a breeding pen, when feather quality deterioates cross a smooth feathered back in, it will help with the feather quality
smile.png

Here is a really good chart

FF Ff ff

FF 100% FF 50% FF 50% Ff 100% Ff

Ff 50% FF 50%Ff 25% FF 50% Ff 25% ff 50% Ff 50% ff

ff 100% Ff 50% Ff 50% ff 100% ff

Key -
FF- Extremely Frizzle
Ff - Frizzle
ff - Smooth Feathered

When two show frizzles are mated 25% will be smooth feathered 50% frizzled and 25% will be extremely frizzled.

That is not true. I have bred and raised Cochin Bantam Frizzles for several years and have never had a frazzled or "curlie" produced from breeding a smooth feathered frizzle to a frizzled bird. Two dominant frizzling genes have to occure before a "curlie" or frazzled bird is produced. If there is a smooth bird in the breeding there wont be any birds like this.

~Casey​

Back
Top Bottom