From all your chickens, ducks, turkeys etc. what one is your favorite

First To Hatch

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
New York
From every chicken, duck, turkey, and any other bird you own which one is your favorite, (YOU GOTTA HAVE A FAVORITE!!!!!) and where it is at thof the broofer and stuff.e pecking order.

I always seem to choose the one at the bottom of the pecking order never really mean to usually I choose my favorite at 2 oe 3 weeks old id start taking it out of the brooder and interacting with it and stuff.

So, whats your favorite and where is it at the pecking order?

Sept08mybirds005.jpg

This lil girl thinks she's a pet parrot to sit on shoulders, follows you around and talks so sweet...I haven't named her other than Lil Girl...
and in another flock, Peppermint Patty, she's a smart RIR and quite the character. She'd fly over the chain link fence all summer and greet me in person every morning
Sept08mybirds021.jpg

These three need a new pic, the black ones have much more silver on them now and they are currently my youngest (until the silkies hatch this month). These three babies must be a small motorcycle gang w/their leather jackets and attitudes:) While I was insulating their new green coop they would fly out of the chain link fence and march thru their new coop, inspecting even w/power tools, etc., as I wasn't finished as fast as I promised them. They started by peeking into the chicken door and peeping w/a question sound...

Sept08mybirds029.jpg

And I haven't even started w/the roosters;)

Lil' Bit my special needs chicken is hands down my favorite. She doesn't know she's a chicken. If there's any kind of upset in her life whatsoever she comes looking for me to help her. 'Course I'm pretty partial to one of my roos Thor, too.

It's a tie between my turken, Pot Pie and my BO Audrey. Pot pie is just simply a crack up and she has a pink neck! And big black eyes. Audrey is just precious - fat, friendly, nice to the chicks....

Who wouldn;t love a pink neck???

I love all my chick-a-roos, but hands down, my favorite is my Roo, Floppy. When I come home from town, my dogs all run to greet me...and Floppy is right there with them
wee.gif

Next I'd have to say it's a mixed breed black chicken names Janet Leigh. When we brought her home, she screamed just like in Psycho. We almost changed Floppy's name to Norman. Janet has a sister, and of course her name is Janet Leigh. These two are near the bottom of the pecking order but they can hold their own.

Next, it's Kung and Pow, they are a Ninja Silkie roo and pullet. No one messes with them. They will unleash wicked kung fu on you.

After that, they are all my favorites.

My favourite is my Blue Andalusian hen, Wallflower. She's midway in the pecking order. She's a super-acrobat hen. She likes to sit in her beech tree during the day, and about a week ago at bedtime I discovered her in the goat pen on the opposite side of the house. I'm pretty certain she flew over the house. She'll sit on my shoulder as long as I'll have her and coo in my ear. Of course, sometimes she tugs at the loose hairs around my face, which is not as cute.

Back
Top Bottom