From pipping to hatching?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by XilverAngel, Sep 3, 2011.

1. XilverAngel

XilverAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    How long does it take from them making their first pip to them hatching out entirely??? I have two that have pipped and i realllly want to see them come out without having to stay up until 5 in the morning, but it seems like it's not going to happen :[ I wish they would just come out!!! [​IMG]

2. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Usually my early hatchers pip at night then hatch in the morning. They seem to be affected by the light, but that is just my observation. [​IMG]

3. XilverAngel

XilverAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    SO IF I LEAVE THE LIGHT ON OVER MY BROODY HEN WILL THEY OPEN UP?? [​IMG] [​IMG] I think i have a new experiment. [​IMG] heheh... Looks like my poor girl won't be able to sleep today. [​IMG]

4. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    I'm in the middle of my first hatch....had 4 come on day 20. They pipped around 8am and didn't hatch till between 6-10pm. Still have 5 in there now @ day 24.....trying to decide when to give up...I hate to do it! [​IMG]

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I've only hatched 4 eggs, but all four were at least 12 hours from first pip to hatch. When they decide to hatch, it goes very quickly- it goes from tiny hole to hatched chick in about 10 minutes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by