From Sedona AZ to N.Cal

NewChick_N_Town

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
Hello,

I just moved to N.Cal from Sedona, AZ. I grew up here and moved to AZ 15 years ago...my reason for coming back---I got marred to my jr high sweetie after several decades!!!

We just moved to an awesome property in Auburn, that already had a coop...so we thought what the hell, lets get crazy and raise chickens/eggs. (We're city slickers that grew up in the Bay Area)

We've had our chickens for about one month-we started out with six 16 week old chickens RIR and various others. Since the weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy we're curious to know when our chickens will start laying eggs and if there is anything that we should be doing to assist in the process? We let our chickens out in the morning and they venture around the property. Any time I go outside and in the vicinity of the coop they come running from their many hiding spots. I feel like their main mommy.

The family we received our new babies from were very helpful and suggested this site... I never would have guessed that my two Bichons would end up farm dogs with chickens and two cats that 'came' with the property-BUT we're having fun!

Any help or tips are always appreciated

welcome-byc.gif

Come see us in the AZ thread...you can still say hello, even if you have defected!
lol.png

Welcome to the funny farm aka Chick-aholics Anon.

I lived just south of Sedona back in the mid 80's . I was a Park Ranger at Montezuma's Castle in Camp Verde. Love it!! but I'm sure it's changed so much since the last time I was there.

You are gonna love it here!

Thanks for the reply---now if I can just find that AZ thread Laree suggested

You can't get to Sedona without passing Montezuma's Castle!!! I can't believe I never visited it. We just got back from Sedona this past weekend for the long holiday---had an awesome time, as usual.

Sedona has definitely changed, but is still beautiful.

Welcome! I'm a new member too :) I have 2 RIRs at my parent's coop at the moment until mine is finished. I live in IN, but my hubby's family is from Tuscon.

Back
Top Bottom