Frost Warning!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Peaches Lee, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well, usually after Memorial Day, you're good to plant up here in northern PA. Well guess what? After days of high 80s and worrying that my little Silkies were cool enough, we now have a FROST advisory!! [​IMG]

Ugh! Scrambling for things to cover my garden with! I am really glad that I didn't take any brooder lamps down too. I just can't believe it.

Crazy weather!

2. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

Im just so happy to be outta the 90 's now. My one poor hen wasn't doing well at all. How north are you? I don't think we have a frost thing here (north of pitt)

3. Peaches Lee

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'm right on the border of New York, and south of Lake Erie, so we get some pretty interesting weather! With the intense heat we got a couple of days ago, I was worried about my Silkies, so I understand your worry for your hen.

4. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    OMG, that's insane! I have family in Buffalo. Who the heck would think of frost in June??? Hope everything makes it through fine for you. Sure wish I could send you some Florida heat, lol.

5. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

Did it frost over? This pa weather is just nuts. One day im roasting today i wanna wear a jacket lol

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Weather is crazy! We're stuck in a rut of 100 degrees every day, and only cooling to 70 at night. Then you have a freeze warning. [​IMG]

7. gambler

gambler Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2010
    western Pa
    I had frost this morning! Crazy weather, I hope my fruit trees did not get hurt.

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I will take the frost. You can have the heat here in Georgia. [​IMG]

9. Peaches Lee

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Well, it looks as though we didn't get a frost, but I took extra precautions and covered a lot of plants. It sure was cold here though! Hopefully from now on, we're in the clear...[​IMG]

10. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    We didn't get any frost, but it's supposed to be 38 tonight. The weather is so weird!! Panting chickens for days and now they get a blast of cold. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by