Frozen Eggs

I am in Texas and this week has been FRIDGED! All of today's eggs were in the boxes in the hay. None are cracked like they might be frozen. I usually sell within a couple of days so I just leave them out on my kitchen counter. If they are frozen will they crack when they thaw? Is there a way to tell if they are frozen besides cracking them open? Please help my first winter!
More then likely they’re not frozen.. if they freeze they crack open. I am in Minnesota, we had actual temps hitting -30 last week, my eggs froze then. That’s the first time they have! Chickens are way more hardy that ya think. ;)

I am in Texas and this week has been FRIDGED! All of today's eggs were in the boxes in the hay. None are cracked like they might be frozen. I usually sell within a couple of days so I just leave them out on my kitchen counter. If they are frozen will they crack when they thaw? Is there a way to tell if they are frozen besides cracking them open? Please help my first winter!
The eggs are fine. Just let them thaw out.

After The Freeze I found a previously overlooked nest that was overflowing with eggs. Rather than passing them out to neighbors (with possible repercussions) I made boiled eggs for my girls. They loved them. And yes they had been frozen because the white and yolk were mixed.

Back
Top Bottom