FROZEN EGGS

newchicks

Songster
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
KANSAS
This maybe a silly queestion, but are the eggs no good if they freeze? Can you eat them right away if they do freeze? Or should they just be tossed? Thanks.
hmm.png

hmmm, I want to say they would be fine to eat... But I was also wondering the same thing with winter comming im sure we will get frozen eggs... Sure someone knows !!!!!

During the winter I try and gather them 2 or 3 times a day, but that doesn't always work. If they're so frozen that they're cracked I feed them to the barn cats. If they aren't cracked I use them, but I don't sell those.

You can freeze eggs and save them for the deep winter months when your hens will stop laying. Crack them into a muffin cup pan, freeze, then remove to a ziplock bag.

If the egg froze in your refrigerator and cracked the shell you can eat it.

Frozen eggs are best for cooking with and not eating plain as in fried or scrambled eggs because the freezing changes their texture too much for me.

Great ideas everyone, thank you. I'm glad to know they won't go to waste if I can't get out there to collect twice a day. I only have 2 hens, so my eggs are precious. Do you think I may need to get some more laying hens???
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom