Frozen Turkey - When and Where is the best to buy?

The wife went out to "Luckys" and noticed the $0.59 per pound (after spending $25 on other stuff). She also went to Safeway and saw the great deal of $5.88 for birds up to 16 lbs.... no surprise, there wasn't a single one over 8 lbs.

Here in Indiana, I paid $0.59 a pound for ours, but it was fatty! It was a local grocery store brand. The flavor was good though, and the cats get the fat anyway, so I'd do it again.
I have one of our heritage birds in the freezer for (maybe) Christmas. Also around here, free range turkeys are expensive!

We bought a 22 pound turkey and only have enough meat for two meals! We only have four people in our family! The meat was delicious, but I wish there was more!

I know there used to be a deal that if you spent like $50 or $100, you would get a free turkey or ham. My mom used to get one every week. LOL

I always try to hit Sam's and Super Wal-mart after Thanksgiving (usually just a couple of days) and after Christmas. Last year and the year before they both put them on sale. Sam's was .19 a lb and Wal-mart was .25. I got several. Wal-mart also had whole hams for 1.50 a ham. They were like 10-12 lb hams. I missed those by minutes.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom