Fruit n Peachicks.

Why are you trying to get them to eat fruit?
Eating there nutritionally formulated feed is a better choice.
Once they are adults and done growing, maybe offer options and treets.
They can have fruit at any time as a treat. Just gotta make sure you either dice it or cut it enough that they don't have problems swallowing.

As young uns they tend to not be quite as interested in fruit unless an adult shows them it's "good" mine at this age are absolutely shredding any leafy branches or greens I give them. Diced blueberries, melons and squash, diced grapes, and wild blackberries are some of the fruits mine love as young ones.

It helps if you put it in their feed bowl, then they associate it with food to eat. I also give mine some grit when I feed anything but crumbles.

It helps if you put it in their feed bowl, then they associate it with food to eat. I also give mine some grit when I feed anything but crumbles.
Actually, it is a good idea to give the littles grit in the brooder as well. They love to eat feathers and the grit helps in digesting them. Peas of all ages love over-ripe fruit more than fresh hard fruit. We have about 50 apple, peach, pear, and cherry trees just for the birds. Natural fruit fall is cleaned up rather quickly.

Actually, it is a good idea to give the littles grit in the brooder as well. They love to eat feathers and the grit helps in digesting them. Peas of all ages love over-ripe fruit more than fresh hard fruit. We have about 50 apple, peach, pear, and cherry trees just for the birds. Natural fruit fall is cleaned up rather quickly.
I managed to cut down on feather picking by giving them bird safe leafy branches to destroy. Once they figured out it tasted good it was like a side of beef in a piranha tank.

Mine absolutely attack anything green! I give my rabbits, lovebirds, dogs, chickens, ducks, pigeons, goats, and budgies salad every day when I make my own salad. Started giving the baby peas salad too and it's just like you said! Especially cilantro and dandelion greens and kale! Wow, it is almost terrifying! I worried they might choke so I have been cutting it up into small bite size bits!

Back
Top Bottom