FRUSTRATED!! No vet.

There is stronger eye medicine than the Terramycin. . I've said this a thousand times, but www.firststatevetsupply.com carrries it. ( he is the only one I know of who carries a variety of meds and you don't have to go through a vet to get it) I can't remember what it's called, but our avian vet prescribed
it actually for our roo a few years ago. It works and it's an eye drop. If you go to the website, you should find it.

The swelling seems to have increased a little since yesterday. Again, she's acting totally normal with zero symptoms of a resp. illness.

I'm seriously beginning to think she might have a foreign body in her eye, but it still could be a sinus infection. You can see the swelling under her beak if you open her mouth.

I'm gonna get her back to the vet today for a recheck and maybe to drain the fluid (which showed mostly red cells when aspirated last week)

Poor little bird...I feel so badly for her. She's by herself, which I know is best just in case this is contagious, but it still bugs me to see her alone...
sad.png

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom