Frustrated! What did I do??

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
It's been one thing after another here lately!
barnie.gif

As some of you know, I took a fall on Monday. I tripped over the puppy gate going into the bathroom and landed on the tile floor. Took the fall mainly on my right side. My right side is messed up from nerve damage in my spine and it always seems to take the brunt of my injuries.

So that was five days ago. I have some lovely bruises; on my shoulder, my elbow (front and back), a little one on my hip, and the one I can't figure out - a saucer-sized one on the inside of my right thigh. Other than the bruises and some soreness I've felt fine.

Then last night I reached out my right arm and heard (felt?) a pop/snap. Now my right arm is next to useless. If I hold the elbow close to my body, the pain isn't too bad. DH made me a sling last night to keep the arm in that position; close to my body. I can type if I hold my elbows pressed into my sides. I can't hold anything with any weight. I can't reach the arm out in front of me or reach up with it. Moving the arm back doesn't hurt, so long as I don't go too far back.

I'm frustrated as can be. I couldn't operate the barrel latches on the coops this morning, so had to wait until DH got up. Filling waterers this evening is going to be a challenge.

DH has to go to work at 1 PM. I definitely don't feel up to driving (one handed) to the hospital ER, an hour away, by myself. I have enough painkillers in the house to choke a horse and tiger balm patches besides. It's not the pain that's an issue really. It's not being able to use the arm to care for the animals.

I can't figure out what could have happened. The same day as the fall I could understand, but five days later?

*End of rant*

It almost sounds like you may have snapped a tendon. You can actually hear them 'pop' like a rubber band. You really should see someone about it. In the meantime, if you have any arnica oil or salve, slather that on your bruises. 2nd choice is St. Johns Wort or Comfrey.

I had an Achillies tendon injury that took a year and a half to heal; I was determined not to have surgery. Mine wasn't torn completely in 2. If yours is, you really need a health care professional...

Quote:
I don't have arnica oil or salve, but the tiger balm patches are really helping; even if they do stink to high heaven.

I'm hoping it will clear up in a few days on its own. I have a drs. appt. on Thursday of the coming week anyhow, so if it hasn't I'll talk to him about it.

Aleve and Tiger balm patches work miracles. From what it sounds like, I did the same thing when pulling up carpet. I couldn't move my arm for over a week, but it went away and now works just fine! At first I thought it was a tendon thing, but it may be strained. Occasionally it will pop and get sore, but nothing more. Best of luck to you!

I fell on Wed. night, and it never really hurt till I was in the last 5 min. of work on friday. I clean houses and was almost done last house and whammy, ribs started hurting
sad.png
Wait to see how I felt Sat am, worse so off to the ER I went.
So I have a fractured rib, I asked Doc, why I didn't hurt much till friday after noon.. He said cause of all my work and not talking it easy made it infalmed
sad.png
So he gave me a prescrtion for pain & inflamation. Do you have anything in case there's inflamation? Extra streath Advil?

sorry for all the spelling mistakes, gonna blame it on the pain meds! lol And for some reason, I can't even think of the right way to spell everthing

Last edited:
It doesn't sound to me like it's going to clear up.

You need to go to the ER NOW... just to be certain, Tendon's are much easier to re attach sooner rather than later. You need x-rays and an ortho bone physician right away.

Hang in there and I'll be praying for you.

Quote:
Sounds possible...or cracked collarbone. Where does the pain seem to be centralized/radiating from in regards to not being able to lift your arm?

Whatever the case....go see a doctor.

Ed

So how are you this morning, Gritty? Did you go to the doctor?

I have absolutely no advice for you other than to tell you that my usual plan of ignoring such things seldom ever fixes the problem.
smile.png

I hope you are feeling better this morning.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom