Frustrated with PM system!!!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I just spent half an hour typing a novel to send to someone as a PM. I even checked the save message button in case I had to refer back to it. I forgot to include a subject, so as soon as I hit "send", it directed me to a page that said, "Message must contain a subject". So, rather than hit the back button on my browser, I hit "go back" on the page below the message. Now my entire PM is gone!

[​IMG]

Seriously???? Needless to say, this person is not going to get the info they requested (at least not right now) because I don't have another half an hour to spend re-typing what I just wrote. Can't we get a save draft button, or at least get it to where if you clicl "go back", you actually get to go back to what you were typing?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Otherwise, I really do love this site. But lemme tell ya, this is frustrating!)

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ya, that's one of the worst feelings ever! I'll put on the todo list to see if there is anything we can do to make sure the info sticks when you click back. Unfortunately I believe the "back" link that you clicked is exactly the same as the browser back button. code = javascript: 20history.go(-1). So, it really is a browser problem in most cases. I use firefox and don't have this problem nearly as often as I did with IE. Which browser are you using?

I've lost long posts here and many other sites where the internet connection goes down, the site has problems, etc. So, when I'm going to write long posts or PMs I try to remember to do it in Word or Notepad on my PC then post to the forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by