Frustrated !!!

wychickenwrangler

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 10, 2011
Northeast Wyoming
I recently purchased a fan forced air incubator. We set it up & ran it for 3 days to make sure that the temp. was well regulated. Since we were waiting for some eggs that we ordered to arrive, we decided to give some of our home grown eggs a try. the first three were candeled at 10 days. we didn't see anything, but we left them for 4 more days. Still nothing. we broke them open and noticed that they began to grow, but somewhere along the way they quit. I've since tried it again with 2 more eggs, and after 11 days, there seems to be nothing going on inside. does anyone have any suggestions???????

It is a Little Giant, with the fan for circulation, we installed an automatic egg turner, we have been running the humidity between 55 & 60%. They are eggs from my own chicken house, and I'm fairly certain that they are fertile, due to the fact that my roosters are on the hens constantly. I may be wrong though.

What temp do you have the incubator set at? If you candle the eggs at day seven you should see veins developing. Scence they are your eggs you can crack some open. If they are fertile there will be a white spot on the yolk.

Take some eggs that you have collected. Crack them open in a dish. Look at the yolks there should be a small white circle. If you look up bullseye in the search field you can find pics of what a fertile egg looks like. Every thing else sounds good.

I haven't yet figured out what's going on. I did crack some of the eggs open though like you suggested, and at least found out that they are indeed fertile !!!!!!! Since I'm far from an expert on candeling eggs, I've decided to just leave them in the bator for a few more days & then check them to see if there is any difference.

Back
Top Bottom