FTD Flower Warning

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by crzychicken, May 14, 2009.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Be warned if you order from FTD online don't go bt the picture. I order flowers for Mothers day and non of them were what I order. (FTD) they sent the cheaper bouquet which was there speacial, I order tone of pinks and purples roses, I got all colors reds yellows white ect.. which were 19.99 and The price I paid was 39.00 plus 17.00 delivery charge. I called they said it was the grade of roses are the same... as what you orded, it states they the color might very. So I asked what was the grade of the cheaper roses, I got the same as what you ordered sooooooo why wouldn't I get the cheaper price ?? I got because you order the more higher price roses .. so I got the cheaper flowers one at the higher price. Beware if you order online.
    I should have just gone to the flower shop they would have called and told me of the change.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I'd demand AT LEAST a refund of the difference.

Did you use your credit card? I'd dispute the charge, your cc company will help you.

3. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    FTD DOES go through local flower shops btw...I would call FTD again and ask to speak with a manager or something. If the flowers were the same as the less expensive bouqets you should get the lower price. With any online flower company you NEVER get exactly what is pictured b/c they go through local flower shops and they use whatever they have available that is SUPPOSED to be at the same value and quality s what you ordered. Really the blame lies with the local florist for the change, but FTD should be acountable for the difference in price.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I have been using FTD online for years. I pick out what I want, choose my florist and order. Then I call that florist directly and discuss the order. I have never had a problem, I will watch for it in future though.

5. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    Yup, I've ordered from FTD before thinking my Mother would get the something that looked like the picture. Not so.

Thanks for the warning.

Michele.

6. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    My mother used to own her own flower shop. It isn't FTD's fault the wrong thing came. It's the local flower shop that received the order. They were probably out of everything (poor planning) being it was mother's day which is why you got jipped. You should call FTD for a refund and let them know you had a bad experience with this florist.

If the florist didn't have the right materials on hand they should have redirected the order to another shop.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I've had pretty good luck with the 1800Flowers.com site. They have always sent even better than expected flowers.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Having had wonderful results dealing locally and HORRID results from FTD, I believe that FTD takes the order and then transfers the desired order to the local shop WITHOUT the specific instructions. I have not one time had a problem with a local florist but have had problems the two times I got lazy and used FTD.

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i used teleflora this year [​IMG] i sent a bird of paradise plant [​IMG]

10. Sammysmom

Sammysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I only use Proflowers.com. You do have to put them in the vase yourself, but you get what you ordered and the flowers are fresh and last a long time. The one time that we weren't happy with the bouquet sent, we called and they sent a replacement bouquet at no charge.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by