full crops

srfjeld

Chirping
8 Years
May 13, 2011
Portland
Okay, so I'm still paranoid I'm gonna have to deal with this sour crop I keep hearing about. My girls have been loving their free range time and by dusk they are filled to the brim. Here's my question, though, are the crops "always" supposed to be completely empty by morning? I noticed one of my girls who was super full last night, still had a bit in her crop this morning, nothing like last night but it's definitely noticeable to the touch. Normal?

It's almost empty because they havent eaten yet and all the food in their crop from the night before was digested. Just like us humans, when we wake up our stomachs are empty. Is that the answer you were looking for?

This is just a guess, but I would think that as long as she is eating, drinking, pooping, and acting normally, then you have nothing to worry about. If she starts experiencing difficulties with any of these, or if you notice a sour smell coming from her beak (which would indicate sour crop), then I would be concerned. Hope this helps
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom