Full Size Mille-Fleur wanted

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
It appears that there are only 2 BYC breeders listed in MI. One in the UP (I am in the Thumb) and the other not specified and not here since December.
I looked at rehoming thread but not going to open ever post to see location (wish the state was mandatory in the title).
I am looking for a full-size mille-fleur hen or chick or even hatching eggs. Not particular on breed but a decent egger is a plus.
My hubby just goes on and on about our mille-fleur booted bantam. I would like to surprise him with a full-size hen of the same if possible.
Anyone in lower MI or perhaps northern OH have or know who may have what I am looking for? I really do not want to go through a commercial hatchery. Definitely prefer farm/home contacts.
Looking forward to replies to check into!

Interesting. I was actually planning on making standard sized D'Uccles.
Planning to use either Lanshans, or Marans for the body structure base, & large size.

I think there are several people trying to come up with mille-fleur coloration in various breeds, but I think the easiest to find would be Speckled sussex or the rare jubilee orpingtons.
Idk if I am familiar with Jubilees but I have been interested in speckled sussex!

The michigan chat thread might be another good place to ask!
Maybe. Been a while since I was in there. It is just a lot of conversations by too many people at once and skips all over. Hard to scroll through and keep track of. Doesn’t help that my phone seems to really not like BYC. Glitches like crazy but we don’t have internet in the boonies here decent enough for a computer lol

Back
Top Bottom