Mille fleur seramas

Ylva

Songster
Jun 3, 2021
Norway
I have six serama chicks and three serama/booted bantam (Mille fleur) chicks. The sixth serama is silkie feathered, so I guess the seramas aren’t 100% purebred.

Do you think these chicks could be used in a Mille fleur serama project? What do you think their genotype is?
I think I see some barring and some mottling? Or are they just really smutty/messy/a lot of different genes?

I know I have to breed out the feathered legs and the vulture hocks, but this breed is the only Mille fleur bantam I have been able to find in Norway. 😅 I have purebred booted bantam hens and roosters with Mille fleur coloring, but no other seramas than these chicks.
IMG_3079.jpeg
IMG_3080.jpeg

The father and (some of the possible) mothers of the serama chicks:
IMG_3081.jpeg

One of my Mille fleur cockerels (I have cut his leg feathers):
IMG_1310.jpeg

I have six serama chicks and three serama/booted bantam (Mille fleur) chicks. The sixth serama is silkie feathered, so I guess the seramas aren’t 100% purebred.

Do you think these chicks could be used in a Mille fleur serama project? What do you think their genotype is?
I think I see some barring and some mottling? Or are they just really smutty/messy/a lot of different genes?

I know I have to breed out the feathered legs and the vulture hocks, but this breed is the only Mille fleur bantam I have been able to find in Norway. 😅 I have purebred booted bantam hens and roosters with Mille fleur coloring, but no other seramas than these chicks.
View attachment 3675491View attachment 3675492
So I can't help you much with the other stuff, but the silkied serama is purebred. Some seramas are silkie feathered.

The sixth serama is silkie feathered, so I guess the seramas aren’t 100% purebred.
Silkied Seramas are purebred. Some Seramas are silkied.
Yes, you could use these birds to create mille fluer Seramas but Seramas already have the genes to create mille fluer if you just find the right birds (mille fluer is columbian with mottling so Seramas with these genes would be a good start.)

Silkied Seramas are purebred. Some Seramas are silkied.
Yes, you could use these birds to create mille fluer Seramas but Seramas already have the genes to create mille fluer if you just find the right birds (mille fluer is columbian with mottling so Seramas with these genes would be a good start.)
That’s good news! 😄
What do you think of the genes of these seramas?
They are 2 weeks old.

That’s good news! 😄
What do you think of the genes of these seramas?
They are 2 weeks old.
I’m not good with chicks but these parents look like good options to use for breeding if you found a Serama with mottling (preferably not black-based)
4C2354B4-4FA5-4CF0-A0B2-D0413E8E907F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom