1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Fulvous Tree Ducks Questions

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by DancingWthDucks, Apr 18, 2017.

1. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Hi,

I've been intrested in Ornamental waterfowl for some time, and I've come across 6 Fulvous/Blonde Tree duck hatching eggs for sale. I'm struggling to find much infomation about them. A few questions:
    -I've got a reliable broody Silkie x Polish hen which I could try hatching the eggs under. Has anyone had any success with hatching ornamental waterfowl under a chicken?
    -Are the ducklings okay eating organic waterfowl starter?

Any info advice, or pictures of your aivery/pen anyone could give me would be really appreciated.

2. SergeantSniffle

SergeantSniffle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    A good broody hen will definitely hatch the eggs for you, and they'd do good on that feed. I might get some mallard ducklings about a week before they hatch, as sometimes non domestic waterfowl are hard to convince to eat, and mallards eat readily and thus will show the others what to do.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by