Fun and Funky breed ID

Deltabwa

Songster
5 Years
Oct 30, 2016
Southeast Montana
Bought eggs from MPC. Out of 7, this is our lone one. It was one of their "Fun and Funky" assortments, which say...

"Your order will contain a selection of the following genetic combination, including a minimum of three different varieties (the more eggs you purchase, the greater number of different breeds will be included!):

Possible Fun and Funky Genes: Crested, Frizzle, Sizzle, Naked Neck, Silkied
Possible Breeds: Easter Egger, Cochin, Silkies, Polish, Silchen, Seramas, etc."

I'm sure it's an EE as it was out of a bluish green egg. But what do you think the mix is? Has 4 toes and black feathered feet. Also seems a bit smaller than my other chicks

20170527_031150.jpg 20170527_201928.jpg 20170527_201947.jpg 20170527_2019501.jpg

Hard to know, but coming from a blue-green egg, you know you've got EE on one side, and with the very black feet, black face, and bantam-ish size, I bet Silkie on the other side.

Time will tell if any Silkie type feathering shows up (although that often drops off with Silkie mixes)....and if the comb is walnut or pea (either would result from an EE/Silkie mix).

5 toes in Silkies often doesn't pass forward.

My guesses.
LofMc

Hard to know, but coming from a blue-green egg, you know you've got EE on one side, and with the very black feet, black face, and bantam-ish size, I bet Silkie on the other side.

Time will tell if any Silkie type feathering shows up (although that often drops off with Silkie mixes)....and if the comb is walnut or pea (either would result from an EE/Silkie mix).

5 toes in Silkies often doesn't pass forward.

My guesses.
LofMc

You'll have to wait until the feathers come in.

With mixes, it is impossible to tell what the final color will be as they can change quite a bit.

I had a black with brown stripe chick grow up to be a blue bird with a red breast (almost like a robin coloring).

You've got some blue-grey appearance that *probably* will feather in with some grey feathers and obviously a secondary brown that may show up in some patterning...but mix chicks do their own thing.

LofMc

well, I guess we will never know what it would have turned out to be. I tried the "raise with other chickens" thing and that clearly didn't work for me... or for that cute little chick :(

Well, I have another sitting on 2 more of these types of eggs, guess we shall see what they bring. Thinking I am done buying hatching eggs, it is really way too expensive

Back
Top Bottom