Fun dream project: How would you do an "incubation room/hatching room" ?

alpinewelsummer

Songster
Mar 15, 2021
I know this is a forum for coop design, but it seemed like the closest topic I could get for this question. 😊

I had this crazy idea/dream that years down the line, when I've got the money and know-how to do so.. I would LOVE one big temperature-controlled room just for incubating and hatching eggs. Like a cool old victorian greenhouse/sunroom... but just for eggs! It'd be totally crazy to try and keep temperature and humidity even in something like that, but where there's a will there's a way, right?

So I thought I'd ask on here; if you were to undertake a project like that, what are some ideas you'd have for it? Are there any other crazy home/homestead projects you'd love to try?

I know this is a forum for coop design, but it seemed like the closest topic I could get for this question. 😊

I had this crazy idea/dream that years down the line, when I've got the money and know-how to do so.. I would LOVE one big temperature-controlled room just for incubating and hatching eggs. Like a cool old victorian greenhouse/sunroom... but just for eggs! It'd be totally crazy to try and keep temperature and humidity even in something like that, but where there's a will there's a way, right?

So I thought I'd ask on here; if you were to undertake a project like that, what are some ideas you'd have for it? Are there any other crazy home/homestead projects you'd love to try?
For a crazy idea, I would love to have an RV that is a chicken coop, so its like a huge chicken tractor

I was more meaning a dedicated room in which no separate incubators were present
I'm confused, why would you have a room with no incubators?

Could you define "moderate"? The incubator directions have called for controlled, but I have an open room taht would be more natural.
Not sure what you mean by 'natural'.
Using an incubator is not 'natural'.
Controlling the temp and humidity in the incubator room helps the incubator thermostat run better and I've found this to be true.
IIRC most incubators say room should be at least 68°F and free of any drafts or direct sun near the incubator.

I'm confused, why would you have a room with no incubators?

Not sure what you mean by 'natural'.
Using an incubator is not 'natural'.
Controlling the temp and humidity in the incubator room helps the incubator thermostat run better and I've found this to be true.
IIRC most incubators say room should be at least 68°F and free of any drafts or direct sun near the incubator.
Yeah, heading into this time of year the open room would stay above 70 with good humidity. The rest of the house will be above 70, but the AC will zap ambient humidity. I'm just confused and looking for the best outcome on a first try.

Back
Top Bottom