Fun game for first timers, or anyone really. Chickens.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cupman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    So I'm a 24 year old man(25 tomorrow!) and I just began my chicken raising experience, it's pretty much awesome and if I had more money I'd probably have turkeys, quail, pheasants and whatever else I could find. Kind of a new hobby I'm kicking into full speed. Anyways, my friends kind of get a kick out of the whole thing, most of them live inside the city and the idea of chickens is a bit out there for them, I live just outside so no ordinances prevent me from raising them. Well, just the other day we were sitting around discussing my new hobby and one of our friends suggested we make it a little interesting. He suggested we all pick dates, 5 or 10 dollars apiece(I'm sure this will vary group to group) and pool the money, and when we get that first chicken egg whoever is closest gets the pot. Each person can buy multiple dates, but pays the price for each additional one. We've worked out I keep 10% of the winnings to ensure the integrity of the bet, I'm not allowed to buy any dates.

Anyways just thought it was kind of a funny thing, I hope I didn't post in the wrong section. I've also promised a dozen fresh eggs to the winner.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a fun game! I may have to get a pool going for my new ladies.
    I'm glad you are enjoying them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by