Funny Chicken Story Collection (please contribute!)

Nope, they sure don't. One day, I watched my young pullet, happily pecking & munching bugs. Then she got ahold of a stink bug...her facial expression was priceless, a look of surprise, turning to sheer disgust, then she quickly spat out the nasty morsel, leaned down eyeing it closely, as if to purposely remember & embed in her brain, this horrid, offensive snack, then she walked away quite perturbed, shaking her head with attitude. The rooster stared at her quizzically, not knowing what to do...then he figured if she's mad, it's best to leave her alone. He mosied over to the not quite dead stink bug, leaned down to get a closer look, then must've gotten a whiff. He walked away slowly, also shaking his head & snorting. Funniest thing I ever saw! 🤣
Could I use your story in an article? Your name will be displayed as the author

Nest boxes were built for hens to lay eggs, they're 15"x15" cozy, clean & soft with 3" of wood chips. The hens lay their eggs in the boxes, no problem there. Here's the funny part...I've often heard Rooster coos & Rooster song, (you know the sound a Roo makes when he let's hens know about a worm, & the sound a Roo makes like letting air squeak slowly out of a balloon), & when I peek inside, I see a Rooster in a nest box. I'm not sure what the purpose is, but while I have seen various Roosters walk in & out, & briefly visit nest boxes, this 1 Rooster, a sweet EE named Baby Roo, will hang out in a nest box for up to 20 minutes! A few times, hens tried to join him. Only 3 hens managed to fit along with him, & actually I was quite impressed that many chickens could fit simultaneously...I mean who knew? 😆 I'm not sure if they're trying to break a record, or just having fun. There's a record broken for how many people jammed into a telephone booth... Perhaps the chickens are trying to break a record as to how many can fit into one nest Box. 🤣

View attachment 3383798
View attachment 3383800
My roosters do the exact same thing!

Back
Top Bottom