Funny Chicken Story Collection (please contribute!)

Pics
I hope I’m doing this correctly…my funny chick story.
Last night at about 2am I heard my 2 week old chicks cheeping loudly. As we all know when chicks are that loud, you need to check things out and quickly! Out of bed, now very wide awake… I ran to the brooder to see complete pandemonium!!! A stink bug had made the mistake of landing in the brooder. Half of the chicks were running scared away from it, the other half were chasing it! 😳 Let’s just say… it did not end well for the stink bug. 😂
I love it!!

Grit is always good! I gave mine at a fairly young age to help the digestion. :)
I gave my brooder babies sod when they were 3 days old. Grass, Grubs and worms laced the sod. I had no idea what I was doing, but those little babies enjoyed it all! Later i learned that this was good because of the microbes and such in the soil being good for them. 🐓❤️

I have a funny story. I have a hen called Potato Chicken. This bird is extremely smart and very sharp in comparison to the others. It always feels like she's trying to outthink me... and winning! lol

I had a separate fenced area (with a shorter fence) inside the chicken yard to keep the ducks separate when I had them, because the ducks kept getting into fights with the chickens. It ended up getting left up for a bit after the ducks were no longer in it. Potato Chicken kept ending up inside the fence, and I was absolutely confused every time I saw her in there, but she was getting out and she seemed to be enjoying herself anyway.

Eventually, I figured that she was probably flying over the fence, even though I had never actually seen her get in. Nope! One evening, I watched this bird casually walk toward the gate (just a tomato spiral with the fencing attached, not anything fancy) and slide smoothly through a little gap when the temporary fence met the other side of the gate in order to get out. The other chickens were staring right at her, but none of them made the connection, somehow, that they could also do this and get access to the enclosure. Potato, of course, walks away seeming very pleased with herself.

The fence was taken down shortly after, so I never did get to see if they would figure it out. Considering they probably watched her do this for weeks before this, I somehow doubt it. 😂

Back
Top Bottom