funny chicks and taming them

willowbranchfarm

Chicken Boots
12 Years
Oct 3, 2011
Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
When I put my hand in with feed in it to tame my chicks they will jump on my hand to eat the food and then a nother one will want to get on and then jump on and push the other one off. LOL. I've been trying to tame them any ideas? I try to hold them a lot and hand feed them but when I go to pick them up they run away and when I finally get them they chip and cherp and try to fly out of my hand. Any ideas how to fix that? I guess I will just have to play with them a lot to tame them. I went on a small trip and before I went they would hop in my hand and know they wont. Thanks:)

You sound like your doing a great job raising them!
Sometimes it helps to reach for them at their level like from the ground up , because by nature they are afraid of something descending down upon them
lol.png

Also When they are picked up , some will panic because their feet are dangling so it helps to keep their feet on your hand or shirt(
sickbyc.gif
sometimes the shirt is a bad idea)

Hope to see Pics soon!
Keep up the great work.

:)Thanks so much. You're rite they don't like there feet dangling and I dont let them dangle very often. I try to pick them up on there level. I just think they need more time to get to know me better. They are only 1 week old.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom