Funny hen story

buddyellie

Chirping
8 Years
May 5, 2013
My hens are 8 months old and three of the four Rhode Island Reds are laying regularly in their nesting box. That was until the last three days I was finding only 1 egg in the box. I looked in the coop and no sign of eggs. Finally, on the third day I got something that would reach into the corner to see if there were any eggs there. To my surprise there were 6 eggs buried under the pine shavings. HMMM. While telling this story to one of my friends, she asked why they would do that. I told her that they watch me do everything outside including work in the vegetable garden. They evidently were trying to grow EGG PLANTS. Too funny. Then she asked how I could tell if those eggs were okay to eat and my reply was that when I crack them open, if they were bad, they would have a FOWL smell. This story made possible by the Loo ladies. Cindy Loo, Betty Loo, Emma Loo and Lucie Loo the chickens.

Sapphire Sebright

Roman Catholic who won't shut up
Premium Feather Member
Jun 22, 2019
Funny! Ooh, the puns....
I guess that one hen started laying in the corner, and then another, and then they just kept egging each other on....
... That was a stretch. Sorry.

buddyellie

Chirping
8 Years
May 5, 2013
Funny! Ooh, the puns....
I guess that one hen started laying in the corner, and then another, and then they just kept egging each other on....
... That was a stretch. Sorry.
I was glad you enjoyed it. Since yesterday they started all laying in the nesting box. One still doesn't seem to be laying eggs UNLESS there is a great big pile somewhere. Have a great day!

Top Bottom