Funny hen story

buddyellie

Chirping
8 Years
May 5, 2013
My hens are 8 months old and three of the four Rhode Island Reds are laying regularly in their nesting box. That was until the last three days I was finding only 1 egg in the box. I looked in the coop and no sign of eggs. Finally, on the third day I got something that would reach into the corner to see if there were any eggs there. To my surprise there were 6 eggs buried under the pine shavings. HMMM. While telling this story to one of my friends, she asked why they would do that. I told her that they watch me do everything outside including work in the vegetable garden. They evidently were trying to grow EGG PLANTS. Too funny. Then she asked how I could tell if those eggs were okay to eat and my reply was that when I crack them open, if they were bad, they would have a FOWL smell. This story made possible by the Loo ladies. Cindy Loo, Betty Loo, Emma Loo and Lucie Loo the chickens.

Funny! Ooh, the puns....
I guess that one hen started laying in the corner, and then another, and then they just kept egging each other on....
... That was a stretch. Sorry.
I was glad you enjoyed it. Since yesterday they started all laying in the nesting box. One still doesn't seem to be laying eggs UNLESS there is a great big pile somewhere. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom