funny looking egg

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
I got a egg today that looks like it was a soft shelled egg that was all crumpled up, but it was a normal hard shell, but really weird shape.

what could cause this?

~Bryan

Last edited:
I have a RIR laying eggs like this. HUGE eggs. Won't even fit in a carton. Some days, they look perfect. Some days, they look like a dinosaur egg with a crinkled small end.

pop.gif

How weird, I also got a jumbo weird "lumpy" egg yesterday from one of the girls (one side wasn't smooth, it was wavy) and today a smaller paler one with the top that looked crinkled, but the shell was hard. Also had a lump of calcium on the outside of the shell, I picked it off with my fingernail and it flecked off to expose the inner "skin" of the egg - what is happening?

idunno.gif

I fed them to the dogs...

hide.gif

Will take pics if I get more of these eggs, promise!

(apologies if this was meant for Bryan, I just saw that I had butted into his thread - sorry!!)

Last edited:
IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

This hen's eggs are so big that they won't fit in a carton, even an extra large. The other egg pictured is a RIR. If it helps you gauge the size, I wear a size 10 1/2 ring.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can imagine that larger eggs require more calcium/stress on the chicken's system... so I guess wrinkles/dimples must be somewhat normal. That's a crazy big egg man!!!! Thanks for the pics!!!lol

Back
Top Bottom