Funny speckled egg...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Vickilynn45, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Vickilynn45

Vickilynn45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2012
    Just found an egg in the nest that is a pinkish-tan with blue/gray speckles on it. I find that so strange. The color of the egg looks like my Buff Orpingtons, but I've never seen the blue speckles on it before. I only have one chicken not laying yet and that is my EE (at least she's not laying any eggs that I'm aware of yet). Anyone else have an egg with blue speckles on it?

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't, but I have seen pictures on BYC of Easter Egger Eggs, pink with blue speckles.

3. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    My eggs are normally evenly colored brown, but sometimes I get a lighter tan one with dark speckles all over or uneven coloring. Could it just be one of your already laying hens that got disrupted during the egg coloring part of the process?

4. MamaRudey

MamaRudey Chillin' With My Peeps

Was it really small like a new laying pullet? I would guess it's from your EE.

5. MamaRudey

MamaRudey Chillin' With My Peeps

Double post. Stupid phone.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  6. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    btw, I LOVE the speckled or unevenly colored or misshapen ones. They are so much more interesting to look at.

7. Vickilynn45

Vickilynn45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2012
    I don't think that it was from my EE because I have never seen her in the box. I see the others in them every day, but never her, yet. :) And it was a pretty large egg. I've had another one since I posted and that has been it. And coffeenut, I agree, the different ones are the most interesting!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by