1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny story about naming chickens.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mulemom, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Mulemom

Mulemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    I just finished naming all my chickens and after looking at the list I had to laugh and call my mom. I started reading off some of the names I gave them...Ruby, Daisy, Jenny..I said, "Are you seeing a pattern here?" She said, "Yes. My sisters!"

It wasn't intentional. They just all have real country names that seem to work for hens. I think there might have been something subliminal about it.

So, you know what she was upset about? That I hadn't named one after her! I said, "I don't want a hen named after my mother!" So we compromised and I gave one her middle name, Louise.

Now when they are all cackleing and talking at the same time it does kind of remind me of a family reunion!

I am seriously considering changing my roo's name to "Uncle Bob"!

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    that is funny i have so many i cant tell them apart

3. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    I only have 4 named out of 26, because I can't tell whos who either. [​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    [​IMG]

I HAD to name my birds after people I know, they made me! lol.

I have Jennie, Adylene, Araceli, Nikki, Cristina, and who knows! Im slowly naming mine, but with about 40 in one coop, its not easy. [​IMG]

And that's just one coop! I've got them all over!

5. Mulemom

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
  6. lexustami

lexustami Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    My kids just started naming our birds. They are young and haven't been around a lot of profanity so sometimes they just don't know what they are saying.

We now have a turkey named Pecker Head. LOL

Take care,

Tami

7. Mulemom

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    LOL!

My DD wanted to name one of ours "Pecker" too. I vetoed that one. She changed it to Lippy, cuz she usually gets your lip. Lippy is wearing a bright orange leg band so we know to keep her away from our faces!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by