Funny story

SunBaked

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Southwest
Had something funny happen this morning. I go out early to feed the birds and I collect a peacock egg. After I come out of the pen I set it down to tie the gate closed. As I turned around I notice the egg is gone and there's my hubby's blue heeler in the corner of my eye running off with it. I yelled for him to put it down and he stops and oh so gently lays it down and backs away before taking off across the yard. The egg is fine with no cracks or anything. I think I know where the geese eggs keep disappearing to.......

Lol one time for Easter we died boiled eggs and somehow the dog got a hold of them and when we went looking for the eggs the dog was under the dinning room table eating the eggs.
tongue.png
That is a good dog for not hurting the egg, I am not sure if our dog would gently drop the egg, you might have to pry it from her mouth.

I take my eggs that do not hatch and the shells from the ones that do and dump them down by a creek that is several hundred yards from the house. Several times this year I have then found one of the duck or goose eggs that did not hatch back up by the drive. Picked them up at first thinking they were fresh eggs only to discover they had dates written on them. Apparently my dog has been going down and bringing some of them back up into the yard without breaking them. Guess it's a good thing they had dates written on them.

That's how I discoverd my chicken had started laying again this spring. I found the dog rolling an egg around. I thought, "Oh good. The chicken started laying again. " Come to find out the chicken had 19 eggs in the dog house!

I had a standard poodle years ago that would find and carry around baby birds in her mouth without harming them one bit. I would ask her to release it and she would gently put them on the ground. Those retriever types have such a soft mouth!

Back
Top Bottom