Funny thing happened at the Chicken auction today! Picture added!

ChooksinChoppers

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 24, 2011
Ocala, Florida.
Well.....the chicken auction wasnt in the am but the pm so we sat and watched and next thing we knew we bid on this little pony (small mini x shetland size)....It all started when we sat down and had seen this cute guy in the pens earlier .....I had a bid paddle and it was our first time at an auction. As soon as the pony came in (we wern't expecting him yet) The auctioneer started off at $150 and quickly rocketed down to $25 then tried to go up..Becky started shoving my arm and my paddle went up all by itself! Another bid was placed and again my arm got the "nudge" LOL Next thing we knew we had a pony! $45
smack.gif
and a minivan to transport him home LOL after visions of a pony in the back, some nice people that had also rescued a horse offered to trailer him home for us for the cost of gas. Well.....loading up was a breeze as the auction people just ran him into the trailer..... he wasnt haltered so we presumed he was catchable, whereas the other horse had a halter and lead rope on from the beginning to they presumed he was hard to get hold of LOLOL NOT! as soon as we backed "Pennington" out of the trailer he took off rearing and tearing the leadrope from our hands...galloped into the nearest large pasture and we spent 1/2 hr trying to get him back into another smaller paddock. Whew!
So then we are sitting around in our outside chairs staring at each other ........with this 20 year old, unleadable stallion pony who was supposed to be a pasture buddy for poor lonely Bear (our whole justification for bidding on him) LOLOL So on our to do list we have......gelding, teaching to lead (unless he was just terrified and having a bad moment) and hope that he and Bear get along.
Q??? How does a horse get to be 20 yrs old and not able to lead? His feet are not too long and has a recent neg coggins. We LOVE his name "Pennington" and he is cute cute cute! Will continue the saga tomorrow with pics as we cant really tell his breed but he has feathered legs (coggins just says "pony") PS Becky really wanted a baby goat!
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom