funny walk.

Chicagoboy

Chirping
Oct 10, 2020
what does it mean if your chick keeps doing the splits? like it usually one leg that keep sliding. he can run and stuff but its mostly when hes still

What do you have on the bottom of the brooder? If it is too slippery (like bare newspaper), the chicks can't get a grip and slip. This can cause Splayed Legs. If that is the problem, you can try fixing it by making a hobble with gauze pads and a band-aid to hold the chick's legs the appropriate distance apart. Make sure the band-aid is not too tight and that none of the sticky parts are against the chick (that's where the gauze comes in).

If you can post a picture, that would be very helpful for others to determine the problem.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy you told me this, i used a small hair tie, he's currently is going crazy cause he doesnt like it but after 48 hours ill take it of

Thank you so much, you have no idea how happy you told me this, i used a small hair tie, he's currently is going crazy cause he doesnt like it but after 48 hours ill take it of
Hope it helps. Not sure how the hair tie stays in place or keeps the correct spacing for the chicks legs. Can you post a picture? I am interested to see it.

No, you dont tie the legs together. It needs to look like this.

Attachments

• 20201023_083053.jpg
    20201023_083053.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201023_083106.jpg
    20201023_083106.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom