~*Fur, Feathers, and Scales....* ~ (A mythical creatures Roleplay.)~

RoosterWhisperer

Crossing the Road
Sep 13, 2019
*Fur, Feathers, and Scales....* (A mythical creatures roleplay.)
(May eventually become a series of stories.) :)

Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

~Plot: A shrill cry echoed into the early morning mist, and pierced the entire sky. It was a wake-up call of sorts, and all the creatures on the ground emerged from their dens and caves, while the birds of the air took flight from their nests and roosts. The whole land glowed with the warmth of the rising sun, and the cool morning breeze rustled softly through the trees, and over the lakes, rivers, and streams. It was time for the day to begin once again......~

Tribes.
There are four tribes each with their own cultures....
#1: The Dragons, strong and powerful.
#2: The Griffins, sharp and dapper.
#3: Phoenixes, Hot-headed, and elegant.
#4: Esks, peaceful and pleasant.

(Now, heads up, none of the species listed can crossbreed or intermix, but there can be the occasional Romeo and Juliet! :))

~The dragons will live in a variety of habitats, around mountains, and volcanoes, sometimes even near hot springs. They often can be found around large sources of heat, and never really stray far from it.`
The dragons do not need magic as they make up for it in strength and brawn, as well as a massive armory. But some may practice it as a simple pastime or hobby if taught.... ;) I don't know much about the relationships of dragons other than their pretty solitary creatures.:idunno ~

(Griffins and dragons don't usually get along very well....)

~The Griffins, will live in forests and up around the mountain's peaks. They nest in tall trees, and high up in the mountains. Their feathers are always groomed and they are a very well kept up tribe. They are very orderly, and are often in monogamous pairs, meaning they mate for life. Broods or clutches usually consist of 1-3 eggs per pair.
Griffins are gifted in the art of traditional magic, and can be quite secretive at times. Though not all Griffins will choose to practice magic. Griffins are also very skilled in the art of talon to talon combat and are very skillful fighters. (Their young will be raised up learning either magic or combat, sometimes maybe even both or neither at all.)~

~Phoenixes, will live in desert wastelands and often nest in the high bare trees in medium-sized nests. They are the size of large eagles, and often look quite similar to hawks and falcons. They usually have long head and tail feathers in bright colors. Like the griffins, they too practice the art of magic and love the heat like the dragons. Their kind of like the best of both worlds, beautiful feathers with nice heat tolerance. They too mate for life and usually have a clutch of one to two. Rarely three, because of the wasteland conditions. (But three is possible! :)) They are fierce defenders of their nests and can be quite aggressive at times toward unknown intruders.
As for their magic, they perform spirit magic, though their specialty is healing magic. It's often said that a phoenix's tear can heal any wound. Making them a valuable item for healers of any tribe.~

~Esks are by far, the most peaceful and resourceful tribe. Esks have no way of protecting themselves, other than hiding in dens and thick brushes along with their natural camouflage. They do use magic, but only for growing resources that feed and protect their little tribe. It's called Overgrowth! :) They are very social among their own kind but are very skittish around other tribes. Life is very good to them, and food and water are not an issue at this time. They can come in a variety of colors, but they are mainly earthy tones with white faces and/or tails and can have various markings. Females are usually smaller than males and their tails usually drag on the ground.

Magic and Skills.
(Anyone can do it.) (Some may have to be trained in the art of other magics and combat though.)
There are two types of skills, magic, and combat....
Magic, is well, just magic. There is good and bad magic. It can be anything you want! :) (But please, try not to use bad magic excessively.)
Combat is the art of fighting either from talon to talon or with weapons.

Dragons are excellent at plain old combat, their large size and superiority makes up for any magical ability.
Griffins specialize in the use of traditional magic and combat, which is a very useful but dangerous combo.
Esks specialize in Overgrowth (I made it up myself for the rp!) Overgrowth grows plants excessively.
Phoenixes specialize in healing and spirit magic.

Every 4 years there is a week-long competition, where creatures of all kinds come together to see whose the most powerful.
There are multiple events to take part in, such as swimming, use of magic, talon to talon combat, plant growth, and just about anything else you can think of. It's very exciting and can be for all creatures over the age of juvenile. Mainly just adults and/or young adults compete. All will take time to train in between competitions, which as I said, are held every four years.

Ranks.
(Ranks are the same as in any other roleplay, just the usual.) (Leader, second in command, citizen, teacher, student, healer, child, etc.)

Character Form
Name:
Species:
Skills (Magic or combat):
Physical description:
Personality:
Other things to be made known: (Optional.)
(Please fill out the form to join :D)

Have fun! :)
Some I know people who might be interested in joining. @Crestcrazy2, @Buffbrahmasforever, @CrazyCochin, @KaLe dA QuAiL (If your okay with it.), @Anne02, and me, myself, and I....
Oh, can't forget @Alyssa-Bee, @LittleBigBantam, @Lacy Duckwing, @chicken3fly? :)

Last edited:
Species: phoenix
Name: fenik
Skills (Magic or combat): practices in water magic
Physical description: opaque form, emerald green.
Personality: innocent, friendly
Other things to be made known: is a ghost. loves green things.
question: can she be a ghost? (answered)

Last edited:
Species: phoenix
Name: fenik
Skills (Magic or combat): practices in water magic
Physical description: to be edited once question is answered :)
Personality: innocent, friendly
Other things to be made known:
question: can she be a ghost?
Hmm, sure! :D Accepted, can anybody see her?
(How do you rp a ghost?) 🤔 .

from what I've seen from ghost characters in rps she'll be slightly transparent and I guess dead XD I have no idea how to explain this.
ok so, I guess think like a regular living character but opaque, if that's the right word.
Cool, awesome! :) I've never rped with a ghost before!

Yeah, opaque is the right word, transparent also comes to mind....

first ones I found on google (none of these are my art):
Right now the world needs you - Bodhi Counseling

phoenix ^^
Griffin - Mythical Creatures
griffin
These characters are up for adoption. The price is $45-60USD, it is a  sliding scale— pay what yo… | Fantasy creatures art, Mythical creatures  art, Creature drawings

esk ^^
Ok! Thank you!

Name: Shatsuya
Species: Phoenix
Skills (Magic or combat): Combat, an excellent, but sometimes unexpected fighter.
Physical description: A mixture of regular purple and pink feathers.
Personality: Wise at times, experienced. Watchful. Loving.
Other things to be made known: @RoosterWhisperer

Oh, and sorry that I don't know much about anything magic... :oops: That's why I have my character as good in combat, because I know about that a lot more than magic.

Back
Top Bottom