Fusterated over Chicken Coop!

Quote:
Wow. You'll definitely need to build a secure, Fort Knox type area for them to sleep in. Make sure you put in lots of ventilation (windows covered with hardware cloth?) for those hot summer nights.

Quote:
lol.png
! Nah, not so dangerous Kojack, in this case, the pronoun is totally interchangeable!! You are absolutely right that it’s not just husbands! Still, if mine wanted to do something, I wouldn’t have refused to help him, though he’d have to take the lead on it, so yeah, instead of ‘him’ or husband, it could say ‘spouse’ or ‘significant other’ or DH or DW in my opinion anyway, it was just the circumstances in this case it seems to me.

Quote:
OUCH!!! THAT HURT! A little bitter?.........

lol.png
again! Maybe, but maybe just realistic too! ROFL!

Hey McCord6, I'll bet they'll grow on him once you have em. When your out back laughing at thier antics, or eating breakfast they provide or some great egg noodles or bakery, he'll realize how great it is to have em and care for them right!

All she has to do is lock him out of the house for one or two nights
and he will see it her way. It would not hurt to watch the weather and pick the nights it will be raining.
He will come around.

LOL, he read all your posts and is like
ep.gif

We sat down and talked and he finally started listening. We looked through different coops on BYC for ideas. Found one idea we both like and seems to be "cheap" enough and easy enough for him to build. Now a new arguement is coming up, LOCATION. Im seriously going to have to throw him outside for a night or 2 like Redstar says. He wants to do it in the BACK where I cannot see them. I want them done in the FRONT where I CAN SEE THEM!!!!
rant.gif

rant.gif

rant.gif

somad.gif

somad.gif
MEN!
he.gif

he.gif

smack.gif

Every arguement we have, I always seem to be the one to be right but still that doesn't stop him or maybe doesn't teach him to shut up and start LISTENING! That I am usually the one that is RIGHT!

Oh, the dilemma of the ages! If I had a nickle for every time I was right! Zoinks, I'd be a freakin' millionaire.

Just put on that Mona Lisa smile (and count to ten)... and say, "Sweetie... would you say having the coop over here, where I can see it, is a good idea?" Next thing you know he thinks it is his idea and voila, you have your coop right where you want it to go.

It's kinda like pulling hens teeth, ain't it? (And give him credit for reading these posts and seeing to reason -- lots of men would have still been kicking and screaming that they are going to do it their way.)

Good Luck,
Jenny

Quote:
Tell me about it, Men are so stubborn, they have to have it their way and when they don't, they are worse then the kids.

BTW, I didn't give him much of a choice to read the posts or not. I read them out loud to him until he finally went
he.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

The only way to get his attention is to shove it at him! LOL!
celebrate.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
yippiechickie.gif
tongue2.gif

Sounds like he will come around. Now all you have to do is when you make supper tonight just add a full jar of cayenne to it and let him have first taste. Then calmly explain that soon as things start getting done the way YOU want, SOME THINGS...... MIGHT... Get done how he likes. He will see the light. I know I would.

If your run is predator proof with a roof to keep out rain, you really don't need to build a box to lock your chickens up in at night. In fact, if you live in warm climate, those kind of coops tend to get too hot for the chickens during the summertime anyway.

My run has hardware cloth sides and a roof, as well as a roofing panels to keep out the rain. I used some more roofing panels on part of the sides and the back wall to make an area where my chickens can roost out of the wind.

Quote:
I agree - this could be a good compromise for you and your husband. You just have to make sure that your run is predator proof (besides using hardware cloth for the sides and using a good roof cover, make sure nothing can dig under either). Even with my coop only being 3 sided, the chickens still pant all night long in the summer - they'd suffer even more if their coop was enclosed (with 4 sides).

Back
Top Bottom