fuzzi's May (First Time With Shipped Eggs) Hatch-a-Long Thread, all are Welcome!

This little one is cheering the others on! "Come on out, there is more room out here!"
Congratulations!

Hope you are off work today so you can watch. ❤️
I am! I am!

And on the left side...this looks like a pip!
IMG_20240524_072427352~2.jpg

Incubator Eggs
2 - Not sure, dark areas
3 - Not sure, dark areas
8 - Not sure, dark areas
(one of these hatched 5/25, yellow!)

9 - Dark saddle (very dark) HATCHED 5/24 (2nd)
11 - Movement, beak, feathers!! HATCHED 5/24 (3rd)
12 - Movement!! - HATCHED 5/24 (1st)

Tamar/Broody Eggs

1 - Not sure, dark areas
- Hatched 5/25, yellow)
4 - Not sure, dark areas
5 - Not sure, dark areas - Hatched 5/25*
6 - Not sure, dark areas
7 - Not sure, dark areas
10 - Not sure, dark areas - Hatched 5/25*

* One was yellow, one was chipmunk

Last edited:
Did you hear any of yours chirp before pipping? I did. For some reason these chicks from my silkies seem to be loud and very noisy before even pipping and seem to just like to wake me up. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

Did you hear any of yours chirp before pipping? I did. For some reason these chicks from my silkies seem to be loud and very noisy before even pipping and seem to just like to wake me up. But I wouldn't want it any other way.
I did not. They could have but perhaps first hatched was so noisy I didn't hear.

I checked on Tamar's eggs. Tamar was NOT on her nest, she was perched on the back of my chair, fluffed up and announcing her state. I checked her eggs and found one that had pipped!
:ya

I made an immediate executive decision, and slid the pipped egg under Rahab, who has been faithfully brooding two faux eggs for almost three weeks.
;)

My plan is to take the incubator chicks out to Rahab after dark...and place them under her.
:fl

Back
Top Bottom