Fuzzy's Farm

hand_pointing.gif
We just hatched out some chicks and one of them has something hanging from it's rear. It is like a small, stringy dark yellow type of thing. It is hanging from its rear and is stuck to the shell. The chick's body is completely free from the shell, but that stringy thing is still connected to it. He keeps trying to kick it off of him but the shell just keeps dragging along. What is it? Is it okay to remove it?
The inside of the shell has remnants of blood vessels and different embryonic sacs. Sometimes pieces of material get stuck to the chick when it hatches, and if not removed it can get dried on. If it is still attached to the shell you can remove the shell half of the attachment. The rest will eventually dry up and fall off.

Here ya go Clucky!

There are still only three little popcorns.

That is very frustrating.
I wil let them know that I will be at work soon, just so they know its okay for them to pop out while Im gone.

I have a broken incubator at work. Im bringing it home today to put them in. Its a clear box- the temp thing is broken. SO, Im gonna use it as my brooder. I will add a heat source. It may be too small. But Im going to try.

holy frijoles!

Well, so far today looks to be a right nice day. At the moment that is. More rain is supposed to come in. Ugh... I am hauling booty getting as much clothes washed and on the line to dry before that rain happens. 3 days worth is in the forecast.

We were watching AFV last night and a kid had a white silkie on his head. The chicken crapped on the kid. LOL. Priceless. Jace was all excited because it was a silkie.

Speaking of chickens, since this is a chicken forum... There is a lady at Meijer who makes winter hats in animals... I asked her if she can do a chicken. She's going to give it a shot, so, I hope cuz Jace would LOVE it. That chicken he got at chicken stock, That poor toy.... He finally named it Mrs. Hen. Yup. Sleeps with it, dresses it up in army toys and plays with it, bungee cords it to his tonkas... He even took it to school last week and no one made fun of him, though I was worried.

Well any who... Where is everyone?

I'm good. A little lost right now. My sister decided we needed new iPhones so she went and bought us new ones and had my number ported over and so here I sit with my old phone not working and my new one in Battle Creek with her !!!! Said I can't have it tonight because she is going away for the evening.
hit.gif
Now I can't text or nothing until I get my new one. So kinda bummed about that LOL.

Back
Top Bottom