FYI- use caution, esp. children!

I was holding one of my Pekin ducks last week and that was going very well...she was very relaxed and seemed to be enjoying sitting in my lap...well, suddenly she whipped her head around and grabbed my lip! I have been duck bit! My hens are always after my ring if my hand is anywhere near their eyeballs...one grabbed a gold ear ring as I walked past the roost she was perched on...never saw that thing again...very curious creatures...

Wearing sandals in the hen house has gotten me pecked toes, and heck, my big toe got bit twice and it bled both times this week. Lesson NOT learned, I'm wearing sandals today too.

Quote:
And, I bet he thought he was just the funniest man on earth!!!
gig.gif

LOL just night before last DH (shirtless) picked up 1 week old rooster chick, well, you can see where this is going...yup that wee little bird caused that wholesome moment that we can only wish on them.
I proceeded to chid him a few words, like "baby, wah wah, it didn't hurt"...until last night, I held this evil chick and it grabbed me by the upper lip! I swear it was a full grown crab grasp! Wow, the eyes watered and well, DH was very pleased when Karhma happened.
Sorry about your eye, great advice for kids and adults.

Back
Top Bottom