Ga Noi hen

sleepy

Songster
9 Years
Aug 17, 2010
Palmdale,Ca
The origin of gà nòi is unknown. Its history cannot be traced due to the lack of documentation. The 30 years civil war ended in 1975 that killed millions and ruined the whole country further contributed to the lack of information.

Cockfighting in Viet Nam is an old tradition dating back at least 700 years. Gà Nòi is believed to be native of Viet Nam as there is no credible evidence of its origination from elsewhere. Gà nòi have been exported to neighboring countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia in recent decades. Vietnamese cockers living in the United States had also brought gà nòi to the States. Fowls bearing physical resemblance to ga noi can also be found in the Reunion Island.

Heres my Ga Noi hen 2nd feather
myphotos065.jpg

myphotos243.jpg

Last edited:
1_FnkyFrm: no saipan in her she is pure Ga Noi from central VN i will post more pictures of my Ga Noi in the future

Last edited:
Can't see the photo. Since they were bred for fighting are these birds aggressive to handle? Require special housing? Are they cannibalistic? These fowl look like they can handle just about anything!

i try not to handle them since i put them in pairs the brood cock always tries to defend his brood hen, also with orientals you never know about stags, hens, or pullets will get along they start fighting or (pecking order) at a very early age 1-2 month pullets and stags fight till death very game birds so this breed is not for begginers and yea they need to be seperated at an early age with there own coop, About the cannabilism all chickens are cannibalistic not just game birds i seen it many times with laying chickens, meat chickens they eat the dead bodies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom