Gaggle of Chinese Ostracizing a Roman Tufted - Help!

Wow sorry I missed a lot! And as scrolled I saw a toulouse which I think is pretty much a female unfortunately
sad.png
this one serv?
LL

UPDATE to all - mystery of Tufted Roman solved! Turns out he is a gander. Upon arrival of the Toulouse goose around mating season, he has paired up with her.

As of the first week of February they are an official pair ... That explains why the poor thing was being attacked and chased out by the Chinese gander (the illness could have been an ancillary issue). Thank you all for your time to help in his recovery. Bracing for the bad weather headed toward southern Cali and prayers for safety for all of you in the path of bad weather! 2 pics of the new couple below:

UPDATE to all - mystery of Tufted Roman solved! Turns out he is a gander. Upon arrival of the Toulouse goose around mating season, he has paired up with her.

As of the first week of February they are an official pair ... That explains why the poor thing was being attacked and chased out by the Chinese gander (the illness could have been an ancillary issue). Thank you all for your time to help in his recovery. Bracing for the bad weather headed toward southern Cali and prayers for safety for all of you in the path of bad weather! 2 pics of the new couple below:

They are a lovely pair, Jehy looks so proud!

Wow really?! Your roman tuft looks a lot bigger now probably because it's not sick anymore
Atleast you have a pair
1f44d.png

Did they mate?
I'm happy for you now since you have a pair
1f60a.png

Wow really?! Your roman tuft looks a lot bigger now probably because it's not sick anymore
Atleast you have a pair
1f44d.png

Did they mate?
I'm happy for you now since you have a pair
1f60a.png

Yes, they are a mated pair now. He is very protective of her and is no longer gentle toward us. He will hiss and even bite if caught off guard. We've kept the new pair separated from the others, since he has turned to bullying the Chinese gander and chases away the other geese to give his mate access to all the food. What a turn of events!

This is what we call "goose revenge "
Roman tuft geese are gentle by nature so as long as he is boss over the Chinese gander everything will stay good and to be honest I am happy that he is chasing away that Chinese gander!

Good advise serv, I was concerned the Roman maybe stressing out being separated for them and causing her to start getting sick.
I had to separate my Roman from my African (gremlin goose) and they do like to eat together so I placed their food dishes right next to a mesh divider so they felt like they were still eating together but gremlin couldn’t attack.

Back
Top Bottom