Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
We have quite a few goslings getting big now. We also just got a healthy shipment from Metzer, have 8 about to hatch (though some of those are questionable since they went through two major power outages), and one lonely gosling, Jay, who was the only viable guy in his batch of eggs in the hatcher. I’m hoping Jay can integrate with the new goslings once they recover from shipping.

Metzer babies! We’ve got a bigger brooder ready for them, they’re a bit cozy.
View attachment 3072579

Jay bird, the lonely gosling, Toulouse/Chinese cross. He adopted my daughter and screams for her when she’s out of sight. All but 3 of our goslings have had the same Chinese father, that boy gets around! Our Toulouse and Embden ganders are just starting to pair off and hopefully be more successful, they’re all about a year old, though.
View attachment 3072582
Very cute!

66A0BC9D-01E4-4A93-9D72-FC68E371898B.jpeg

679AC6FF-5E3A-4F89-91FD-F812F74D60BD.jpeg

Dinner time for the two girls

CEA8F984-E22E-4F85-B340-E3538B9EA254.jpeg

Here’s when they were introduced to my gander Herbert.

I've got more goslings hatching out now! lol So the Americans outside have 11 goslings. Three are Grey Saddleback Pomeranians and the others are either Buff, Cream, or Blue. I have one Blue a week older than their babies being brooded with ducklings. She's very confused about what she is because the geese wouldn't accept her with the other younger goslings I gave them. I have 13 inside and more hatching now. Plus the Pomeranian hen is on her eggs which should also be hatching about now as her eggs in the incubator are.

Back
Top Bottom