Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
lol He's a good dad. He just really, really hates buckets. And as I am the bringer of the bucket, he likes to try and get me. This year he only drew blood because he got my wrist and there's nothing there but skin and bone. Usually, I can see him coming in time to divert him, but I'd just gotten done talking with him over the whole thing and wasn't expecting him to get me and not the bucket.
Yeah, mine hates buckets and jugs and bags (like their own feed bags...) and brightly colorful things, lol.

Yeah, mine hates buckets and jugs and bags (like their own feed bags...) and brightly colorful things, lol.
He tolerates buckets until there are goslings. Then it's a bit like that scene in The Lost World.
Jurassic Park - The Lost World - T rex.gif
Jurassic Park - The Lost World - Momm's Very Angry.gif

Only it's dad.

Thought I'd post an update of how the little weeselings grew up this year.

20220716_180434.jpg
Little Caramelldansen who is quite enamored with me, suspecting gander. Sounds and acts a lot like our other 2 buff pom ganders.

20220725_125441.jpg
Tamagotchi who I also thinknis a gander and is enamored with me. His neck is very long.

20220725_125137.jpg
Horse, who is unfortunately losing most of her color. Really hoping she doesn't turn out solid white. The only one the ganders in the main flock seem to like, might grow a knob? Sounds different than all the other babies.

20220725_125141.jpg
Bagel, maaaybe gander? No clue. His neck is longer than Lance's and he's bolder than her and thats all im going off of lol. Curly breasted. Very pretty
20220801_184425.jpg
My lovely little Lance of Longinus. She is always excited to see me and will come up and talk and talk and talk to me, but no touchy. Turned out lavender or lilac (I think?) and absolutely gorgeous. Smooth breasted.

View attachment 3236269
Little Caramelldansen who is quite enamored with me, suspecting gander. Sounds and acts a lot like our other 2 buff pom ganders.

View attachment 3236270
Tamagotchi who I also thinknis a gander and is enamored with me. His neck is very long.

View attachment 3236275
My lovely little Lance of Longinus. She is always excited to see me and will come up and talk and talk and talk to me, but no touchy. Turned out lavender or lilac (I think?) and absolutely gorgeous. Smooth breasted.

LOVE your names, especially Caramelldansen and Tamagotchi! (Also danced to a version of Caramelldansen in a high school talent show, lol.)

And I never knew that their feathers could be lavender/lilac like that, so pretty!

Imagine if those dinosaurs had the ferocity of a typical goose!
Terrifying really.

View attachment 3236269

View attachment 3236270

View attachment 3236271
Horse, who is unfortunately losing most of her color. Really hoping she doesn't turn out solid white. The only one the ganders in the main flock seem to like, might grow a knob? Sounds different than all the other babies.

View attachment 3236273
Bagel, maaaybe gander? No clue. His neck is longer than Lance's and he's bolder than her and thats all im going off of lol. Curly breasted. Very pretty
View attachment 3236275
How pretty!

View attachment 3236269

View attachment 3236270

View attachment 3236271

View attachment 3236273
View attachment 3236275
They’re all so beautiful!

Mr Pinkerton, He has bumble foot on both feet were working on it. He spends all day with his flock but has to come in every night for therapy. Sorry not a great photographer but first picture is I had to get dishes started. 2nd is about a hour latter oh ya he is still on the couch as Im writing this. Geese are incredible. Excuse the mess we change vet wraps 2 times a day. My washer is full of puppy pads.

Attachments

• a 003.JPG
    a 003.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 4
  • a 006.JPG
    a 006.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 6
Ok now there are 13 in the new baby gaggle. My whites Africans came from Johnson's waterfowl this week and today was intro day. The 2 taller are the babies I posted about there now 3 weeks old both are girls (dna egg shell tested) and doing great at raising there gaggle. I think the girl geese are ment to be mothers from day one. They have both taken to the job. Normally my geese would have been working themself to the brooder area in the barn but this year they have a bedroom in my house. Geese are just amazing.
Thank for the likes they grow up so fast same baby's Now 5 months old

Attachments

• whites 001.JPG
    whites 001.JPG
    801.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom