Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Today all three were 3 to 4 feet off the ground chasing after me on my way to the mailbox, I had to wave them down before they flew off or into the ditch. My Roman was something like 4ft off the ground... did someone say Romans can't fly due to small keel?

That would terrify me
It was chilly in the early spring and they came out with a blanket. When they spread their arms to wrap up Golly was instantly offended. He started at a run flapping and somehow achieved lift-off. He cleared the top rail and I just reached up and put my hand under his breast and redirected him at a 90-degree angle, so he sailed back out into the big yard and got over it.

It was chilly in the early spring and they came out with a blanket. When they spread their arms to wrap up Golly was instantly offended. He started at a run flapping and somehow achieved lift-off. He cleared the top rail and I just reached up and put my hand under his breast and redirected him at a 90-degree angle, so he sailed back out into the big yard and got over it.
That should have been on video 😄

Thought I would bring this tread back to the front for a moment. Been really cold REALLY COLD. The geese make it five feet out the door in the morning and lay down to warm there feet. Then get to go back in the barn I give them till 9am with water and food. We have been lucky by 9am the sun hits and warms the ground so they can come out. But I dont think they have gotten uses to the time change. I put the geese away at 4pm everyday Its a ritual but cant get the time right for them 3pm. So things are semi warm. They still have a hour to play and catch up but NOOOOOO!!! Its time to go home. This is them talking to me saying where is she... Time to go home>>> No sooner opened the porch door to walk out and they all headed home but looked back to make sure I was coming. Got to the barn all 19 turned to look at me and waited till I said Home. Then took there position in order of the flock on who got to go in first and who rounded up the flock in the back. Its going to be a long winter for all of us...

Attachments

• a 001.JPG
    a 001.JPG
    762.3 KB · Views: 1
What an incredibly BEAUTIFUL bunch of birds! Loved reading about them and how they organized themselves into formation to return to Home!

My two geese have dealt with frigid weather (finally got above freezing yesterday!) by catching whatever sun is possible as they lie next to the house foundation. They peer into the basement windows and scream at me when I'm doing laundry, just so I don't forget that they are unhappy with the circumstances.

Maybe I just need more human company, but I do find myself apologizing to them for how cold it is and promising to put more straw in their shelter.

I totally understand about the time change. My criiters' internal clocks do not recognize the shift from DST. As it gets close to what -- at least in their minds -- should be our pre-time-shift "bedtime," the ducks noisily line up outside their shelter, and the geese start announcing their displeasure with my tardiness. Only the chickens seem unconcerned about the new schedule.

Best wishes for the long winter ahead!

Back
Top Bottom