Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Welp my geese took me out again... this time I was emptying their bucket and goose water splashed in my eye, not once, not twice, but three times this week... my eyes have been bloodshot and itchy off and on since. Been using drops, but maybe I need an antibiotic?

Are anyone else's ding-dongs laying? I thought it might be a fluke but I've got over a dozen eggs. I have to separate the breeds out this weekend. I guarantee they are all mized. Buff gander is covering a Buff hen and a Grey Saddleback Pomeranian. Pom gander is covering a Blue hen. And they are all being hateful to the Buff hen.

Are anyone else's ding-dongs laying? I thought it might be a fluke but I've got over a dozen eggs. I have to separate the breeds out this weekend. I guarantee they are all mized. Buff gander is covering a Buff hen and a Grey Saddleback Pomeranian. Pom gander is covering a Blue hen. And they are all being hateful to the Buff hen.
My classic roman is laying too, she started some time in October though the two ganders she’s shacked up with don’t seem too interested so I doubt there will be fertile eggs, which isn’t too bad because I’m not planning on goslings this year.

Her Toulouse cross daughter is looking poofy in the back end so I have a feeling she’ll start laying soon also.

Anyone else have winter horomones kicking in?

Mine started in my gaggle a few weeks back but is amping up now.

Darby and Strawberry are getting spicier, I can’t walk into their cage now without a chorus of hissing and Strawby trying to grab me.

Leo is like this all year round so no noticeable change...

Parsnip doesn’t really get that hormonal anymore because of his chronic health issues so he’s the voice of reason currently.

Roxby is sweet as always towards me but he’s been a firecracker if he catches sight of the other boys.

Helios... Helios is my largest and yet most gentle tempered gander, but the horomones have hit him HARD. Yesterday he just couldn’t control himself when I walked into his cage with a bag of shavings. Boiling aggression replaced his usual kind gentle demeanor, he lunged towards me quivering in barely controlled rage and poked me on the leg.
Shock at what he had done replaced his anger and he took a step back, visibly horrified by his own behavior and wondering what I would do in retaliation. 😂

Back
Top Bottom