Gaggle of Geese Lovers

Pics
Stepped out onto my deck this fine Icey Christmas eve and my mom goes look! pointing up, lo and behold there's a formation of large white geese flying directly over head.

Sadly neither of us could get our cameras ready quick enough and they turned south and head to my neighbors.

Personally this is a first for me. Could these be feral domestics? They were definitely larger than the Canadian geese we see coming through here. All white with yellow/orange beaks.

Or... is it a sign?

Santa-in-berry-with-geese.jpg

Stepped out onto my deck this fine Icey Christmas eve and my mom goes look! pointing up, lo and behold there's a formation of large white geese flying directly over head.

Sadly neither of us could get our cameras ready quick enough and they turned south and head to my neighbors.

Personally this is a first for me. Could these be feral domestics? They were definitely larger than the Canadian geese we see coming through here. All white with yellow/orange beaks.

Or... is it a sign?
Snow geese?

Or... is it a sign?
You think they could have been crains snow geese are usually smaller than Canadian geese
They had no grey on their wings and they were big.
I thought about answering this morning then I did more research. We get lots of snow geese around here they (dark beaks black tipped wings) they are much smaller than the Canadian. Last year Buzz a friend of mine that lives on the other side of the reservoir than I do saw something very similar to what you described. So I put the binoculars in the truck and checked as I drove by every morning. About 3-4 days latter a huge group of white cranes had shown up. In the air they do look allot like geese there long necks are seamless under there wings and leg's press against there bodies.
When I was checking though I found pictures of snow geese with orange beaks and pure white but the size never changed. There still small geese...

Back
Top Bottom