GAH!!! work rant... **UPDATE PG 3!!**

Quote:
Ohh... I got:
"Kiss my BIG TOE, thou pribbling rumpfed pignut."

I don't know what it means but it sure sounds awful!! LOL

Last edited:
I'm glad you'll be getting some resolution about this.
thumbsup.gif
I would imagine your ready to do this to him
smack.gif
Please don't take his behavior personally. Someone that uncouth is not worth your heartache. Have a good one, Eh.

edited: To add (((HUG)))

Last edited:
Quote:
Ohh... I got:
"Kiss my codpiece, thou pribbling rumpfed pignut."

I don't know what it means but it sure sounds awful!! LOL

it means something EXTREMELY vulgar and doesn't belong here. not being snarky, it just is not in anyway a good thing to put up.

Quote:
EDITED (by Jenn)

---------

eta: I edited my own post and posted this one (then added to it) to let others know that I have changed my own posts.

I've done a bit of research & thought I'd share it with you to provide some context about Shakespeare's 400-year old reference to a codpiece:
(Definition from Merriam Webster)
: a flap or bag concealing an opening in the front of men's breeches especially in the 15th and 16th centuries

And wikipedia said:
At first, the codpiece was entirely a practical matter of modesty. In the 14th century, men's hose were two separate legs worn over linen drawers, leaving a man (...) covered only by a layer of linen. As the century wore on and men's hemlines rose, the hose became longer and joined at the centre back but remained open at the centre front. The shortening of the cote or doublet resulted in under-disguised (...), so the codpiece began life as a triangular piece of fabric covering the gap.

Wkipedia went on to add quite a bit of inappropriate things about today's interpretation of a codpiece in modern attire. I won't add those. A modesty flap on men's trousers 400 years ago is not the same as today's Village People codpieces. The codpiece fashion did evolve over the centuries to emphasize rather than conceal.

Bathing was not a regular occurance in William's time. I suspect that a codpiece, as well as all ofther articles of clothing, probably smelled pretty funky.

I can see why "codpiece" would be offensive to some, even in Shakespeare's time. The word didn't carry the same undertones & innuendos as it does in modern American culture. American culture tends to sexualize nearly anything.

Shakespeare was not above vulgarity. Read Hamlet & consider Falstaff, a pretty base and crude character by any standard.​

Last edited:
I wish I knew about these insult generators before I quit my last horrid job.

I worked in a nursing home and injured my back lifting a very heavy patient......whom should not have been manually lifted, but mechanical lifts and other instruments were faulty and I had no choice. We had to get EVERYONE up for breakfast NO MATTER WHAT!

I was put on light duty and harassed endlessly for 2 weeks by the nursing home administrator....so badly that she followed me into the bathroom, where I was in the stall going about my business and text messaging on my cell phone. I figured what harm is it, i'm entitled to a break aren't I? Not in her eyes.
She waited outside the stall for me, took my phone and led me to her office where she commenced to treat me like a 4 year old and broke me down into tears.
She gave me a pen and paper, stated sloooowly what the assignment she was giving me was, made me repeat it back to her and write it down...."because I didn't seem to understand what my place was."
She proceeded to come to me and TELL me when to take my breaks and followed me on said breaks and watched me.

I quit that job after that day and contacted a lawyer...but I had no case because I had no proof of what she had done to me, no witnesses, nothing.

Is that too much info.....

My boss is going to track down HIS boss and tell him that this type of treatment is unecessary, rude, unacceptable, and will not be tolerated.

So there!

That is great news!!

I wish I could have done something about my raving lunatic boss, but there was just nothing to be done.

That infuriates me more than anything. She had the power to do and say what she wanted to and not have anyone to answer to about it.

Back
Top Bottom