GAHH I hate my neighbor

Buy a female call duck
wink.png

Quote:
Wait a min .. do we live next tot he same crazy B neighbor.. hahha... I have a horrible time with mine as well. both with animals and with my children Ive lived her 21yrs .. her 3.... the last year we have had the police out at least 5 times. for junk .... one time it was because my 12 yr son was riding his 4 wheeler on our property... making chicken noises.. and that bothered her.. what!!! I dont care if he sings show tunes hes not hurting anything.. then we got called on because one of my horses was putting his head over the fence and eating the grass.. well we had to rebuild the fence at our coast because they said it bowed onto his property int he middle a bit.. so all new fence we made sure that it is on our land by 2 ft. so when the sheriff came out.. showed him the line and that even inf he was leaning over and eating ... its still our grass.. they opened out gates and let the horses out .. onto the main road. the police of course came out and thank goodness their stupid.. and the police saw where it was opened and propped open.. and that we didn't do it.. its been just junk stuff like that for the last 2- years but shes called them so many times now for this piddly stuff that police, sheriff and animal control are sick of her.. and since they've never had a reason Not to side with us they consider her the problem .. but its still frustrating to have to constantly be watching and waiting for whats next..

good luck )O(
Pink

I completely agree we just sit here waiting for the next shoe to fall
sorry i havent been on ive been remodeling my coop and run to keep them safe from her what did your neighbor do now when you said she struck again?

@ Katy, when I talked to the woman at the code enforcement office she said I was allowed 9 of each kind of hen and my zoning paperwork that I have copy's of says im allowed a maximum of 9 per parcel and a parcel is 1 acre and I have 2 and a half and a maximum of 9 of each genus of female and if genus means species that makes no sense cuz species means all chickens so how could I have 9 of EACH species so reading it genus has to mean breed rite? because when I read the rooster part is says exactly this maximum 9 per parcel but female says maximum 9 of each genus???? if any one can anwser that id much appreciate it lol

@PaulaSB12 why would I get a mini cow? other than they are ADORABLE!!! lol

@birdicus & qualitypolish I am already getting peacocks I have hatching eggs on the way

Quote:
Wait a min .. do we live next tot he same crazy B neighbor.. hahha... I have a horrible time with mine as well. both with animals and with my children Ive lived her 21yrs .. her 3.... the last year we have had the police out at least 5 times. for junk .... one time it was because my 12 yr son was riding his 4 wheeler on our property... making chicken noises.. and that bothered her.. what!!! I dont care if he sings show tunes hes not hurting anything.. then we got called on because one of my horses was putting his head over the fence and eating the grass.. well we had to rebuild the fence at our coast because they said it bowed onto his property int he middle a bit.. so all new fence we made sure that it is on our land by 2 ft. so when the sheriff came out.. showed him the line and that even inf he was leaning over and eating ... its still our grass.. they opened out gates and let the horses out .. onto the main road. the police of course came out and thank goodness their stupid.. and the police saw where it was opened and propped open.. and that we didn't do it.. its been just junk stuff like that for the last 2- years but shes called them so many times now for this piddly stuff that police, sheriff and animal control are sick of her.. and since they've never had a reason Not to side with us they consider her the problem .. but its still frustrating to have to constantly be watching and waiting for whats next..

good luck )O(
Pink

I completely agree we just sit here waiting for the next shoe to fall
sorry i havent been on ive been remodeling my coop and run to keep them safe from her what did your neighbor do now when you said she struck again?

@ Katy, when I talked to the woman at the code enforcement office she said I was allowed 9 of each kind of hen and my zoning paperwork that I have copy's of says im allowed a maximum of 9 per parcel and a parcel is 1 acre and I have 2 and a half and a maximum of 9 of each genus of female and if genus means species that makes no sense cuz species means all chickens so how could I have 9 of EACH species so reading it genus has to mean breed rite? because when I read the rooster part is says exactly this maximum 9 per parcel but female says maximum 9 of each genus???? if any one can anwser that id much appreciate it lol

@PaulaSB12 why would I get a mini cow? other than they are ADORABLE!!! lol

@birdicus & qualitypolish I am already getting peacocks I have hatching eggs on the way

Just to annoy the neigbours of course. If you don't want the actual animal you could just tell them you are getting them and watch their face fall.

Genus is less specific than species, not more, so if you are allowed 9 of each genus, then it is a max of 9 chickens and junglefowl (both within the genus gallus). If the code specifically said you are allowed 9 females, that means that you are not allowed males. When code enforcement said nine of each type, she likely meant 9 of each kind of animal: chicken, turkey, goose, etc. Not 9 of each breed, which would be very unusual wording for code. About the only time code ever has anything to say about breeds, it is usually in relation to disallowing certain breeds that are considered dangerous by many.

If you provide us with the exact language of the zoning and ordinances, we can help you correctly interpret what you are allowed.

Quote:
x2

I wouldn't go by what the woman told you in the code enforcement office, but what the written code says. She more than likely doesn't know the difference between breed, species or genus!

Back
Top Bottom