Gallo2014

Gallo2014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Hello BYC world....I am new to this digital world of communication but not new to chickens. I have recently re-started my love of raising chickens in my Texas ranch since 2011. I am reconnecting my childhood life of chickens from the age of 3 when I can remember being alive! The good Lord gave me an incredible career in Aviation for the last 28 years...I say this because I can't believe how fascinated I am with these basic/sophisticated winged creatures that really can't fly very long and are so vulnerable to everything from a domesticated dog to every wild animal. In short, they are basically at the bottom of the food chain, especially out in a wild ranch where I live. Anyway, I am raising around 10 different varieties right now. I mainly do it for the eggs for me and my church family. Also once a year I raise around 25 - 50 meat birds and enjoy their delicious meat and especially their broth for cooking! You cannot buy this kind of broth! We call it Gold juice around my house! It is absolutely the best broth you can use to make rice, stews, soups, etc. that is great food and healthy for you body!

I can hatch my own as I have roosters and around 50 hens with incubator I made from a a large cooler and or I allow for some of my broody chickens to incubate and raise a few chicks the natural way.

From time to time I may have a need for some breeds that I want to cross breed so I will reach out to some of you for help.

Please feel free to reach out to me as I have tried much of what is out there....I have a large 1/2 acre tract with up to triple protection from predators. I have automatic watering and gate systems that need very little maintenance to operate year round. My egg gathering is done daily.

A few things that I am working for long term is making my own feed and being able to rotate my girls & boys to difference pastures to allow the ground to rest.

Anyway....thanks for the warmth welcome from the administrators and the other subscribers.

Gallo2014

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. Thanks for the great introduction. Which part of Texas are you from? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Mr. OShay,

I am outside of Wimberley, between Austin and San Antonio. Thanks for the welcome and the same goes from me to you as far as any help.

Gallo2014

Back
Top Bottom